Our mission at Think Ink is to: provide dependable and cost-effective copiers, printers, and fax machines to small businesses and help our customers choose the correct equipment based on their needs.
Choosing the correct printer can be daunting. Prices range from a few hundred to thousands of dollars.
In the last article, we covered the basics of the differences between a business-class printer and a “box store” printer. In case you missed it, in a nutshell, business-class printers have longer-lasting parts, lower per-page print costs, and faster speeds.
What should you be looking for?
You may be thinking you need a business-class printer, but now within this category, there are many options. In general, there isn’t really a one-size fits all. Here are a few questions to ask:
What volume of pages do you anticipate you will print per month?
- Most reams of paper are 500 sheets
What do you need the printer to do?
- Do you need to print documents such as invoices, etc?
- Receive emails or faxes directly to the printer?
- Will you primarily use it as a copier, where a fast first page out is important? (Who wants to pay employees to wait on a slow copier?)
- Do you need color or is black and white sufficient?
- Do you need larger than letter size paper?
Will it need to connect to a computer? If so,
- Is it going to be connected via USB to one computer?
- Will it need to be able to connect to your network via Ethernet or Wifi to be able to print from multiple computers?
Is power consumption a concern?
What really is a printer’s value to you?
This question is worth giving a little thought.
- To a business, this may be the means of receiving orders that are the lifeblood of what they do.
- To a cabinet shop it may mean showing a 3D design to a potential customer and the quality of this may make the difference if the sale is completed or not.
- To a contractor being able to print on larger-than-letter paper may prevent a mistake on a job.
- To a homeowner, this may be a luxury that allows them to make an occasional copy or print an email.
How will it affect your workflow if your printer goes down?
- All technology can and will fail at times.
- Do you have a backup? Most desktop printers do not have replaceable parts.
- In the case of a technical issue, it is treated as a whole unit exchange. Initial warranties vary from one to 3 years depending on the manufacturer. In many cases, extended warranties can be added to the initial warranty.
If you are in the market for a new printer and would like advice on what printer model is best suited for you, one of our well-educated sales staff would love to talk to you.
Special Deals on Business Class Printer Options
Kyocera 308ci Color MFP | Business class color laser MFP
Are you tired of slow printing, expensive toners, and the constant need to fill your paper tray? The Kyocera 308ci boasts a fast 32-page per minute print and scan speed. Use this printer on a desk or with its own base. Add extra paper trays for up to 4- 500 sheet paper trays.
This printer has replaceable parts to ensure you years of service. A special buy allows us to offer a great discount. Only 4 available at this price. The $1,999.99 Printer is shipped with a full set of toner and free freight.
Epson WF-C579R Color Inkjet | Business class color inkjet MFP
If you are tired of constantly changing ink cartridges and slow printers look no further. Epson’s business series of printers features some of the highest-yield ink cartridges on the market. This printer has been our top seller for the last few years. For a desktop color MFP, this printer probably has the best performance overall on the market.
We currently offer this printer at our lowest price ever plus 10% off any additional ink on the same invoice.
Canon Imageclass MF445dw (factory recertified) | Business class black and white laser MFP
Looking for a low-cost backup, or just an additional printer for that back office? Look no further! We made a rare buy from Canon on some factory-refurbished printer units. This is a tremendous business-class printer for the price. They will print at a fast 40 pages per minute, and have a first page out of 5 seconds. Since they are laser you won’t need to worry about ink drying up if not used much. They do NOT ship with any toner but do have a one-year warranty from Canon. While supplies last! 449.00 229.00